Curbside Leaf Program
2021 Leaf Bag Distribution
Beginning October 12th and lasting through November, biodegradable leaf bags will be available for pick up during the following times:
- Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM at the Department of Public Works office
- Saturdays between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM at the South River Recycling Center
Please note the following:
- You must be a South River resident and show proof of residency.
- There is a limit of 20 bags per household
- Please wear a facemask and follow COVID-19 social distancing guidelines.
Pick Up Location
South River DPW
9 Ivan Way
South River, NJ 08882
2021 Curbside Leaf Program
To accommodate increased leaf refuge from the change of seasons, beginning on October 12th, the Department of Public Works will begin its Curbside Leaf Program. No grass, brush, or other debris should be mixed with the leaves.
2021 Curbside Leaf Collection Schedule
|Southside of Borough||Northside of Borough|
|10/12 to 10/15||10/18 to 10/22|
|10/25 to 10/29||11/1 to 11/5|
|11/8 to 11/12 *||11/15 to 11/19|
|11/22 to 11/24 *||11/29 to 12/3|
|12/6 to 12/10||12/13 to 12/17|
* NO COLLECTIONS ON NOVEMBER 11th, 25th, AND 26th
As required by Stormwater Tier A Regulations, sweeping, raking, blowing, or otherwise placing leaves that are not containerized at the curb or along the street is only allowed seven days prior to your scheduled collection and only during the course of the Curbside Leaf Program. The same regulations require that leaves shall not be placed closer than 10 feet to any storm drain inlet.