The Municipal Clerk is effectively the secretary of the Borough of South River governing body and is the custodian of all records, including minutes, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, deeds and other archival documents of the municipality. The Clerk's Office is responsible for issuance of dog, liquor, and raffles licenses; special event permits; registers voters; and provides general information to the public.
- Secretary of the municipality
- Prepares Council meeting agendas and records minutes of Council meetings
- Retains the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions
- Custodian of the municipal seal
- Serves as Custodian of Records responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Open Public Records Act (P.L. 2001, c. 404, NJ.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.)
- Serves as the Chief Administrative Officer in all elections held in the Borough of South River
- Serves as Officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other municipal officer