Office on Aging
Dedicated to promoting the health, independence and contributions of older persons.
Office on Aging membership is available to South River residents age 60 and over and includes on- and off-site programs and services. Residents age 55 and over are eligible for limited membership, which includes on-site programs and services.
We're all aging, so aging is everybody's business.
The Office on Aging offers members a broad range of services including:
- Transportation to shopping centers, grocery stores, farmer's markets, specialty shops and discount outlets
- Local day trips, excursions and getaways
- Health and wellness screenings
- Educational presentations and seminars
- Residential maintenance programs
- Fitness classes and a fully-equipped fitness room
- Special events, parties and entertainment
- Comprehensive monthly newsletter
- Links to community resources
- Information and referrals for federal, state and county assistance programs
- Assistance with senior benefits and entitlements including Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (PAAD), Lifeline utility programs, Specified Low Income Benefit (SLMB), Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Senior Farmer's Market Nutrition Program, Property Tax Reimbursement/ Senior Freeze (PTR-1/PTR-2) and Anchor Property Tax Relief Program (formerly Homestead Benefit Program)
- State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Medicare counseling
- AARP Income Tax Preparation Program